Epimune Complex is a vegan immune system support supplement designed to help your immune system stand up to challenges. It helps support respiratory health.*
- Supports specific aspects of immune system activity and contains research-supported ingredients such as EpiCor® and maitake and turkey tail mushrooms
- Supports healthy white blood cells
- Helps support respiratory health year-round, especially during seasonal challenges
- Helps activate and balance a healthy immune system response function*
- Delivers an excellent source of vitamin C and zinc, both of which provide antioxidant and immune support*
Key Ingredients in Epimune Complex
- Known as an antioxidant superfruit, Acerola (Malpighia emarginata DC.) is one of the richest plant-based sources of phytonutrients including antioxidant vitamin C1,2 — a key player in a healthy immune system and immune response to seasonal challenges.3,4
- Supports mucosa, cell function, skin, blood vessels, and other tissue via its role in collagen synthesis and antioxidant activity
- Highly bioavailable calcium that supports numerous actions in the body (involved in cell signaling)
- Source of dietary calcium: a mineral that supports a healthy immune response including cell signaling in lymphocytes — a type of white blood cell.5,6
Zinc rice chelate
- Plays a structural role in proteins and helps protect cell membranes while influencing cell communication, hormone release, and cell death
- Source of dietary zinc: an antioxidant mineral that plays a key role in a healthy immune response4 and cell membrane support.4,7,8
Turkey Tail and Maitake Mushrooms
- Whole food powders of the mycelium of Grifola frondosa (Maitake) and Coriolus versicolor (Turkey-tail) mushrooms
- A growing body of research suggests that both Maitake and Turkey Tail mushrooms and extracts provide a variety of health-promoting properties including a healthy immune system support.9-15
Research-supported Ingredients in Epimune Complex
EpiCor®EpiCor® is a whole food fermentate comprised of proteins, fibers, polyphenols, vitamins, amino acids and beta glucans that have been clinically shown to provide significant immune health benefits.16-21 In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial consisting of individuals with no recent history of seasonal influenza vaccination, participants received 500 mg of EpiCor® once per day or placebo for 12 weeks. Those participants receiving EpiCor® experienced a significant reduction in their incidence of cold or flu-like symptoms (p=0.01) compared to the placebo group.22
MaitakeGold 404® extractMaitakeGold 404® (15%) is a proprietary combination of a certified organic maitake mushroom powder from mycelial biomass (85% by weight) and maitake mushroom fruit body extract (15% by weight) derived under a patented method from the fruit body of Maitake. In an animal study, MaitakeGold 404® has been reported to stimulate phagocytosis (part of the innate immune response) and increase the numbers of some specific immune cells (i.e. phagocytosis monocytes and macrophages).22 In another animal study, short-term oral administration of MaitakeGold 404® strongly stimulated a healthy immune reaction.23 These results indicate a broad-based immune system support that is part of the body’s first line of immune activity.*
1. Prakash, A. & Baskaran, R. J Food Sci Technol 55, 3373-3384, doi:10.1007/s13197-018-3309-5 (2018).
2. Cefali, L. C. et al. J AOAC Int 101, 1461-1465, doi:10.5740 jaoacint.18-0008 (2018).
3. Maggini, S., Pierre, A. & Calder, P. C. Nutrients 10, doi:10.3390/nu10101531 (2018).
4. Gombart, A. F., Pierre, A. & Maggini, S. Nutrients 12, doi:10.3390/nu12010236 (2020).
5. Vig, M. & Kinet, J. P. Nat Immunol 10, 21-27, doi:10.1038/ni.f.220 (2009).
6. Feske, S. Nat Rev Immunol 7, 690-702, doi:10.1038/nri2152 (2007).
7. Prasad, A. S. Mol Med 14, 353-357, doi:10.2119/2008-00033.Prasad (2008).
8. Prasad, A. S. Exp Gerontol 43, 370-377, doi:10.1016/j.exger.2007.10.013 (2008).
9. Zhang, Y. et al. Int J Mol Med 40, 1089-1095, doi:10.3892/ijmm.2017.3081 (2017).
10. Chen, P., Liu, H. P., Ji, H. H., Sun, N. X. & Feng, Y. Y. Int J Biol Macromol 125, 1232-1241, doi:10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2018.09.098 (2019).
11. Benson, K. F. et al. BMC Complement Altern Med 19, 342, doi:10.1186/s12906-019-2681-7 (2019).
12. Jeong, S. C. et al. J Med Food 9, 175-181, doi:10.1089/jmf.2006.9.175 (2006).
13. Roca-Lema, D. et al. Int J Med Sci 16, 231-240, doi:10.7150/ijms.28811 (2019).
14. Deng, G. et al. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 135, 1215-1221, doi:10.1007/s00432-009-0562-z (2009).
15. Leliebre-Lara, V. et al. Molecules 21, doi:10.3390/molecules21081045 (2016)16. Jensen, G. S.; Patterson, K. M.; Barnes, J.; Schauss, A. G.; Beaman, R.; Reeves, S.; Robinson, L. The Open Nutrition Journal 2008, 2,
17. Moyad, M. A.; Robinson, L. E.; Zawada, E. T., Jr.; Kittelsrud, J. M.; Chen, D. G.; Reeves, S. G.; Weaver, S. E. Urol Nurs 2008, 28 (1), 50-5.
18. Moyad, M. A.; Robinson, L. E.; Zawada, E. T.; Kittelsrud, J.; Chen, D. G.; Reeves, S. G.; Weaver, S. J Altern Complement Med 2010, 16
19. Moyad, M. A.; Robinson, L. E.; Kittelsrud, J. M.; Reeves, S. G.; Weaver, S. E.; Guzman, A. I.; Bubak, M. E. Adv Ther 2009, 26 (8), 795-804.
20. Jensen, G. S.; Redman, K. A.; Benson, K. F.; Carter, S. G.; Mitzner, M. A.; Reeves, S.; Robinson, L. J Med Food 2011, 14 (9), 1002-10.trial.
21. Jensen, G. S., Carter, S. G., Reeves, S. G., Robinson, L. E., & Benson, K. F. (2015). J Med Food, 18(3), 378–384.
22. Vetvicka, V., et al. JANA 2005, 8(3):33-39.
23. Vetvicka, V. & Vetvickova, J. Ann Transl Med 2, 14, doi:10.3978/j.issn.2305-5839.2014.01.05 (2014).
Suggested Use :
Two capsules per day, or as directed.
Supplement Facts :
Please consult the actual product label for the most accurate product information.
Nutrients Ingredients :
Each Serving Size (2 Capsules) contains: Total Carbohydrate <1 g, Vitamin C 20 mg, Calcium 30 mg, Zinc 10 mg. Dried yeast fermentate 516 mg, Proprietary Blend 210 mg: Organic turkey tails mushroom powder, maitake mushroom extract, and maitake mushroom powder. Other Ingredients: Calcium lactate, cellulose, zinc amino acid (rice) chelate, organic acerola (berry), maltodextrin, and water.